Sunday, May 13, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol I..The Final Chapter


..Well getting to the end of this 6 pack.

That's always a sad moment as sometimes that last one is just enough or it makes you go out searching for more. I highly suggest if you want some more served up you head over to Kill Panda Kill

I myself will be starting into another week of 6 pack cinema.

So to wrap up our nominations for best film of the week it sorta seems fitting today that this one hit the list..

One of Troma's better films & a semi-cult hit Mother's Day dips into the realms of bad taste but w/ sly sense of black humour, some unforgettable heavies & a bravo Drano/carving knife scene that it's a holiday classic.

From 1980 Charles Kaufman's Mother's Day

 
Before I get to handing out the best picture award a little shameless self promotion. You can follow me on Twitter @Blaxunshine to see what is being watched during the week or any senseless things that pop in my head. As well my profile is still on Community Flixster even though I have sorta folded up there this week due to the recent Warner Bros buy out that has caused a lot of my contacts to leave. There is close to 4 years & over 1500 of my movie blurbs if you give two shits. I just figured it was time to move on to something else.

As well be sure to check out some cool shits that I have found on Twitter in The Grindhouse Database  Beardy Freak,Lost on 42nd St. 

Well that's enough pandering for now.

Let's get to the best picture award – The Pabst Blue Ribbon


 
Now just for the record the movies that were watched this week that didn't make the cut were Blue Monkey, Cherry 2000, Empire of the Ants, Killzone, Ruckus & Tobacco Roody.

For review the nominees were Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Dixie Dynamite, Hooper, Run Angel Run!, Stunt Rock & Mother's Day.

..and the winner is

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

 
Fast Times is a fucking classic & to be fair to all the other films watched this week (although some were really good) they couldn't compete & I shouldn't have even watched it but Night Shadow (who I watch movies quite often w/ on the weekend) had never seen it.

Fucking shame on her.

If you haven't seen seen it shame on you as well. Watch it dammit! It's a fucking classic.

In fact watch any of the movies that I watched this week except for Blue Monkey..fuck I really watched to see a blue monkey.  Nothing says fine film making like a guy in a gorilla suite.

Well that will do it for me this week as my case is empty. Time for another trip to the LCBO & to cue up the DVD or VHS for another serving.

Until next time..keep reaching for the brew & don't get behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment