Sunday, May 13, 2012

6 Pack Cinema Awards vol I..chapter 3


Back at her w/ the next nomination for Best Picture..

After their moonshiner pa is busted by the feds & is killed running from the law his daughters Dixie & Patsy lose the farm to a local businessman who just happens to own the bank that's foreclosed on them. The 2 sisters decide it's time for revenge on those responsible & armed w/ shot guns & dynamite start robbing the town to find paradise in Rio De Janeiro.

From 1976 Lee Frost's Dixie Dynamite


Time for the next award – The Colt 45
 
This award is sorta the good, bad & ugly for the movies watched for the week. It's given to that moment (or film) that has something that sticks w/ me above everything else be that it's just so fucking awesome, so fucking bad or something that just sorta makes me shake my head & beer comes out of my nose.

The nominees are..

Grant Page in Stunt Rock. W/ over 60 films under his belt as stunt performer & coordinator they take a good look @ his craft. From free falling to setting himself on fire in an age of the wilder the better Page shines. Highlighted by a gaff where he crashes through the windshield of a car while he is set a blaze.

The mountain men in Tobacco Roody. These gold ole boys really know how to tie one on...goddamn I would like me some of that sweet mountain drew.

The entire movie of Blue Monkey just for the fact that it's titled Blue Monkey & there isn't a fucking monkey to be found.

Judge Reinhold in Fast Times @ Ridgemont High as he spanks his monkey while fantasizing about Phoebe Cates. Now I don't really blame him for taking that moment of self exploration because Cates is fucking hot but to see the man in motion always makes it difficult to keep me from choking on my bevy in laughter.

..& the winner is

Blue Monkey

Oh how pissed off I was after watching this movie. The only reason that I took it in was I was hoping to see a killer blue monkey on the rampage. Well it's a fucking giant insect movie. What a goddamn rip off. If you call your movie Blue Monkey you should have @ least have a guy in a monkey costume don't you think?
 ..Actually I shouldn't even waste a beer award on this movie & it rightfully deserves that shit worm that came out of that guys mouth but I'll give it something because I ranted on about it for about an hour after I watched it.

Getting a little parched so back to the cooler for another cold one.
..Be back after this







No comments:

Post a Comment