Sunday, May 13, 2012

6 Pack Cinema Awards vol I


Welcome to the Blaxunshine 6 Pack Cinema Awards vol I.

For those who had actually stumbled across this blog that had been in existence for a little over a year (& had fell into a state of neglect) you will notice a change in format. This space use to be used for something much different before but like most things that get revamped it's due to a change in the times.

Things were much different this time last year & I was just using this form venting my mind for a life that felt like it was in a state of disarray w/ my ex girlfriend of many years leaving me & my mom after suffering a long bout w/ cancer eventually passing (Happy Mother's Day Mom-are..miss & love you like the world). These pages were filled w/ cynicism w/ the occasional retro pop culture babbling but as anger subsided coming by here became less & less frequent.

That is all gone now.

Now I bring you (which was going to be my original intentions) Blaxunshine's 6 Pack Cinema Awards.

Raised as a TV & music baby (& eventual beer lover) I have watched thousands of movies over the years (& drank more beer then I care to count) I have decided to bring you my own weekly award show bases on the movies that I have watched over the week. 12 films were watched this week so let's get this mother-fucker under way.

Now this isn't the Oscars & Im not fucking Billy Crystal, Steve Martin or Chris Rock. Im not even Ellen DeGeneres even though I probably like sugarboobies as much as her so Im not going to crack jokes for the next 15 minutes.

..We are going to start this show w/ a music number though.

As many of you may know Adam Yauch AKA MCA from The Beastie Boys died back on May 4th after a battle w/ throat cancer. A long time follower of the Beasties I was very sadden by his passing. As a fan of classic rock, metal, punk & old school funk they crossed it all over into the rap genre that blew a boy @ the age of 13 mind away. Fight For You Right To Party was a new anthem & over the years they continued to produce music that I loved.
MCA you will be greatly missed

Here's a little something from The Beastie Boys Awesome I Fucking Shot That which Adam Yauch also directed..now everybody shake your fucking rump
Now that Im starting to get my groove on Im going to take a little break & make a trip to the fridge for a cold one.

Be back after this..


No comments:

Post a Comment