Friday, July 6, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol VII..Chapter 6


Getting near the bottom of the week's 6 Pack.

Still one more golden amber to hand out before getting to be big Blue Ribbon winner but before I pour another one here's the next nomination for Best Picture for the Week of 7.

From 1967 Giulio Petroni's Death Rides A Horse


Bill Meceita is out for vengeance. As a boy 4 men murdered his family. He has allowed the venom to fester & has honed his skills..now it is time to kill the men who have done him wrong. On his quest for revenge he meets an ex-con who is after the same men for money owed. Little does Bill know that his new aquanaut holds a secrete that will change the path of fate.

Time for the 5th award of the pack given to the moment that stuck w/ me more then anything else being so good, so bad it was awesome or just plain fucking ugly – The Colt 45

The nominees are..

Saturday Night Fever – Travolta is a Fucking Dancing Machine


This one scene I think optimizes the disco scene of the late 70s. Travolta is dancing duo but can't be contained. The music takes control causing him to break out on his own to strut his stuff. The crowd parts & he tares up the fucking dance floor. His moves will forever be imitated & for one shining moment Travolta is the king of polyester cool.

Drag Strip Girl – Ice Cream Pizza


While @ their regular hang out of Mama & Papa's pizzeria one of the gang requests a slice of pizza w/ a scope of chocolate ice cream on it. Appalled Mama & Papa comply. After seeing this I got to thinking; I bet that's pretty fucking good. I mean I love both pizza & ice cream. Why not put the two of them together? If Burger King now serves a bacon sundae then why the hell not? ..One of these days Im going to give it a shot.

Hot Fuzz – Timothy Dalton's Horrendous Twist of Fate


In the climax of Hot Fuzz Dalton ends up being impaled by the steeple of a model church...right through that tender spot under the bottom of the jaw! Fuck that looks like it hurt like hell but I still squealed in joy, laughed my ass off & had tears in my eyes. Maybe American's Funniest Home Video was onto something. It is funny to see people hurt themselves. If something like this was on the show & it didn't win $100000 I would cry foul til my dying day.

Barfly – Mickey Rourke Gets Ready To Kick Frank Stallone's Ass



Rourke & Stallone are going to stand toe to toe for another slobber knocker..just another night @ The Golden Horn. Not this time though as Mickey has a belly full of food & is feeling strong. The two head out back for the usual go around but not before Rourke jumps behind the bar & drinks straight from the taps. Now he is fucking super-charged!..I tell you that is the POWER of beer.

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 – Garbage Day!



Ricky was already a little nuts but goes off the deep end. After killing his girlfriend & her ex boyfriend he shoots an incompetent cop & takes his gun. He then takes to the streets of suburbia gunning down just about everyone in sight include some poor fucker taking out his trash. Most catch phrases suck ass but 'Garbage Day' might just one of the greatest of all time. I used to say it every Monday when I took the cans to the curb.

Rabid – Just Give The Mother-Fucker Your Sandwich


After Marilyn Chambers spreads her virus to her latest victim he makes his way to the local diner. While there he scarfs down some dudes sandwich. When taking exception to his lunch being eaten what does the poor bastard get for his troubles? Fucking attacked & mawed in the neck..I learn a lot from movies. Rabid has taught me a valuable lesson. If someone takes your sandwich just let them have it. Trust me some how it's not going to be worth the trouble in the long run.


And the winner is..

Garbage Day!


Ive already let you know how much I love Silent Night Deadly Night 2 but this one scene put this movie over the top for me into the stratosphere of cult dome. It did the first time I saw it / it does the 100th time Ive seen it. Sure this scene might seem a little softened to many in this day in age of the internet when you can go on youtube & see a million variations of it but trust me the first time I saw this not knowing it was coming I think I peed myself a bit...fuck it's still awesome. Freeman you are the mother-fucking man.

One last golden amber to get to in a moment as I'll crack out the big Blue Ribbon.

Be back after this..





No comments:

Post a Comment