Monday, July 2, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol VII..chapter 2


Gonna start hand out this week's golden amber in a sec but before hand the 1st nomination for the Blue Ribbon of Best Picture of the Week of 7.

From 2007 Edgar Wright's Hot Fuzz


London super cop Nicholas Angel has been doing his job a bit too well & is making the rest of the force look bad. He is promoted & transferred to the small community of Sandford where everything appears quiet & quite dull of the surface. Teamed w/ his new partner Danny Butterman (who dreams of being an stereotypical movie action hero police officer) they investigate a series of 'accidents' that Angel believes to be murders. The small town police force smirk @ his excessive theories & investigation leaving Angel to peel back the layers of truth of a town that has more going on then what's on the surface.


Time to crack out the first award of the week / that given to the person or thing in media that has had a profound impact on me over the years. The Life of Influence Under the Influence – The 40



This week's recipient is Eric Freeman & Silent Night Deadly Night 2


I have to give Freeman this award this week because even though it was June I decided to crack out a personal cult classic of mine in Silent Night Deadly Night 2. Although I love this movie but in truth it is far from good film making so it won't be nominated for best picture even though I should give it 24 beers for how much I have enjoyed it over the years. Freeman's over the top performance is so campy hilariously that I fucking love it but it won't earn him a nomination for best actor. He & the entire project deserve a special place as it has captured my spirit during a holiday that I fucking hate. Freeman & SNDN 2 is the film that makes this Grinch’s heart grow 10 fold.

When my best friend & I originally rented SDND 2 we were warned by the video clerk not to watch it because everyone was saying it was a bad movie. Apprehensive we did anyways since as slasher fans we would sit through just about anything no matter how bad it was. What a pleasant surprise it was after watching this film (even though it is half flash backs from the original SNDN) the new material w/ Eric Freeman's over the top performance (complete w/ flaring nostrils & eyebrows that Stanislavsky never could have trained) would become a personal favorite. It's a bad movie mecca. Fuck those people who bought into the concept that Troll 2 holds this title. Silent Night Deadly Night 2 transcends that making it so incredibly fucking awesome. I love it so much that I have cracked it out every Xmas for years & years. It's my It's a Wonderful Life. Over the years Ive found Im not alone in my adoration for this flix. Doubt me just look it up on YouTube.


Sadly this was just about Eric Freeman's only movie roll & he has faded into obscurity. Oh how much I would have loved for him to be back for the commentary on the DVD. Is he in hiding? Has this movie caused him too much ridicule in certain circles & too much cult admiration in others? It's a fucking shame that he is not @ every horror convention in existence since. I hope he's not ashamed of it / he shouldn't be. Sure most thespians won't take him seriously but by so many fans he's loved. I think he's so great that I could watch him eat a ham sandwich if only for him to say 'SANDWICH!' w/ his own personal inflection & facial expressions.

Freeman I adore you..please come back & do Silent Night Deadly Night 6 someday even if it is only for a pay check. Trust me I won't hold it against you if only to have you on film once again.


Still plenty of golden amber to serve up as Im just cracking into this 6 Pack.

Be back after this..


 

No comments:

Post a Comment