Sunday, May 20, 2012

6 Pack Cinema Awards vol II..chapter 2


Get to the first award in a moment but before I do let's look @ the first nomination for best picture watched for the week of C. 16 films were viewed so I went on a bit of a bender compared to last week but surprisingly no hangovers.

Cutting them down to the top 6.

From 1972 Michael Winner's Chato's Land

  
Chato kills a US marshal in self defence & the white folks don't take too kindly to that. The only good Indian is a dead Indian so Captain Quincey Whitmore & his posse are in pursuit through the barren waste land hunting down the Apache. Goddamn fools as they are no match for Chato as he is leading them to their own demise. Who is really hunting who as Chato must kill to survive.

Time to serve up our first award of A Life of Influence Under The Influence – The 40


Through the years of endless film watching there are actors that I have fallen in love w/ & will watch just about anything they are in. That's a fair sized list but of those about 6 I would classify as the baddest mother-fuckers of them all.

Almost @ the top of that list is Charles Bronson



As a teenager a friend of mine & I used to scour the video store looking for titles that we wanted to see & once we played a game called 'try to find a movie w/ Charles Bronson on the cover where he's not holding a gun'. Even this weeks nomination for best picture Chato's Land he's carrying a gun on the poster.

 
To be fair to Bronson it wasn't always like that & probably came to fruition after Death Wish. After he started blowing away punks audiences knew what they want to see from Bronson & he almost always gave them what they want well into his 70s. Personally there is no one I enjoy watching shoot a gun more. That's probably why I love Death Wish 3 so much..shoot those mother-fuckin creeps!


 
Bronson more then deserves The 40 because he is so richly loved by me. Whenever I am down all I have to do is pop in one of his films & my day is full of blood soaked sunshine. I miss him greatly & often think God is the coldest mother-fucker of them all if he could take Charles Bronson from us.

More nominations for best picture & more cracking of the 6 pack to come.
Gonna grab another one to twist the cap off of.

..Be back after this 


No comments:

Post a Comment