Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol V..The Final Chapter


Coming to the end of another week of 6 pack cinema..

I was almost rethinking the concept of this show when I stopped off @ the beer store as they were promoting where you can make your own 8 packs w/ the slogan (w/ a octopus) 'an 8 pack is enough for me'. Well an 8 pack will work if you want to get drunk but I think I'll stick w/ the slight buzz of 6 for now...as my saying goes I don't drink a lot / I just drink often..well except for the weekend.

Before tying to all up w/ the big award one last nomination for Best Picture of the Week of Color.

From 1980 Lieh Lo's Fist of the White Lotus


Chia Hui Liu & Hu Ah-Piao kill the White Lotus Abbot & Priest White Lotus wants vengeance. He sends out his men to kill the two brothers & they are successful @ executing Hu Ah-Piao. Chia Hui Lui flees w/ Hu Ah-Piao pregnant wife. He trains & goes to extract revenge / he fails. He trains some more / he fails almost dying for the 1000 step exploding palm. He trains some more but this time he get some help from his sister in law & learns a more gentle technique. He returns to face Priest White Lotus w/ new skills & a few tricks up his sleeve.

Alright that will do it for the 6 films that are up for the best picture of the week but before I serve it up of course some self pandering. As always you can follow Blaxunshine on twitter @Blaxunshine. Im not an attention whore but always looking for interesting followers that I can follow back.

A couple new people Im following who have followed me back this week & I recommend you check you their stuff – IntheFrame1TheFilmBambina Some older contacts as there was a TNA PPV this last Sunday & their review is up on youtube IWRSHOW ..as well the always entertaining & cool grindhouse 60/70s throwback blog radio of Lost_on42ndSt (who I'd throw a couple of bucks but I need my cash right now for rent, beer & the occasional midget hooker.)

As stated @ the top of the show 15 flix viewed this week w/ colors in their titles. Those that didn't make the cut for Best Picture were Blue Lagoon, Pink Cadillac, Black Gunn, Red Queen Kills 7 Time, Yellow Hair & the Fortress of Gold, Green Berets, White of the Eye, Mean Dog Blues & the fucking terrible Black Widow.

Now time for the Best Picture Award for the Week of Color – The Pabst Blue Ribbon 



Again the nominees were Red Rock West, Purple Rain, Blue Collar, Brown's Requiem, Black Caesar & Fist of the White Lotus.





And the winner is..

Blue Collar


As I said when Pryor took The Bud this is his best movie & I would probably put it in my top 30 of films from the 70s. There actually could have been more nominees for best actor as both Harvey Keitel & Yaphet Kotto are excellent in this. As an unsatisfied union man myself this movie strike a hard cord w/ me. Sometimes I wonder what exactly Im paying for except for 80 % dental & medical coverage & a retirement plan that won't cover the cost of living when the time comes. Those dues I pay & the shit I still eat from management don't seem balanced. I could spend that money better elsewhere like on more beer & some chicken wings..maybe throw Lost_on42ndSt a few buck to keep independent radio alive...oh well as Rick Springfield said Im like a working class dog & I just get by.

..I think I'll leave you w/ that this week while I continue to enjoy cinema w/ a buzz.






No comments:

Post a Comment