Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6 Pack Cinema Awards vol V


Mina-san Konnichiwa!

Blaxunshine is back yet again w/ another alcohol fuelled awards show.


This week all films viewed had a color in their title & I really had to be careful @ one point because I could have completely had the winners dominated. I don't think that it comes to anyone's surprise that the greatest movie of all time w/ a color in its title is Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange. Some may argue The Blues Brothers is but Clockwork Orange is one of my top 10 all time favourites. @ one point in time it was in my DVD player & I was going to watch it because NightShadow was over & she had never seen it. That's the good thing about watching movies w/ NightShadow she has hardly seen anything outside of Breakfast @ Tiffany's (to be fair I had never seen Breakfast @ Tiffany's until recently but that's basically because it doesn't have the word 'FUCK' in it, there's no nudity, no one gets shot & it doesn't even have a midget in the cast). Not having any orange movies & that I hadn't seen Clockwork Orange for about 5 years I thought that maybe I should include it..& then I decided not to. It's not fair to everything else. Look for it in a future vol when I watch movies that can compete w/ it but this week it got shelved.

Even w/out it I did get through a chunk of color movies this week. 15 in fact but after I decided on the nomination for everything it really comes down to 12. 2 of the 3 (The Green Berets & Yellow Hair & the Fortress of Gold) although not bad didn't have anything that really stood out. The last movie I watched late Saturday night (Black Widow) was fucking awful..& not in a good way. Sure I liked briefly seeing Theresa Russell's peace while I cutting the beer w/ Dr McGillicuddy's but that hardly entitles it to any golden amber awards.

So I will get things under way in a moment & starting handing out this week's 6 Pack but first how I like to start off this show every week to get my 50 proof blood flowing..a music number.

From last week's Best Soundtrax nominated One Crazy Summer here's Billy Preston (featuring the Rolling Stones) w/ Outta Space.


Alright time to switch up beverages from coffee to some 5% fuel.

Be back after this..



No comments:

Post a Comment