Sunday, May 27, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol III..The Final Chapter


One more left in this weeks 6 pack but still one more nomination for Best Picture of sequels.

From 1976 James Fargo's The Enforcer



Harry Callahan is back once again & this time he's up again terrorist formation of Vietnam Veterans who are holding the Mayor ransom. This time he has a rookie partner who is of all things a woman. Can Dirty Harry clean up the scum & succumb to the changing social times?

Wrap it all up in a moment but first some shameless self-promotion & pandering. Im on Twitter @Blaxunshine so if you care to see what is being watched during the week or whatever is being burped into cyberspace follow me..I'll try to make nice & follow you back.

As well a few of people who I follow on Twitter who I haven't mentioned yet that you should check out.. Goregirl , FuriousCinema & MrSatanism . Sure there's more but I want to get to some serious drinking here soon & have a hungering for Sloppy Joes.

As I said @ the beginning of this show 19 films were watched this week. Here's what didn't make the cut for best picture... The Four Musketeers, Alien Resurrection, Cannonball Run II, Chained Heat II, Deathstalker II, Escape From The Bronx, Escape From LA, Ilsa the Tigress of Siberia, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Missing in Action III & Oh God You Devil.

So let's serve up that last can of golden amber for this week of sequels. Best Picture– The Pabst Blue Ribbon


Again the nominations were Django Strikes Again, Return of the Street Fighter, Dawn of the Dead, The Color of Money, Shaft in Africa & The Enforcer

..And the winner is

Dawn of the Dead


Believe it or not when I originally saw Dawn of the Dead in my early teens I didn't like it. I found it boring & overlong. No where near the original Night of the Living Dead that I loved. I didn't watch it for years finding new appreciation for it some time later. It grows on me more & more every time I watch it (this time included) which is probably why it took the best picture award this week. It truly is landmark for the genre. Many think it's the best but I might have to argue that because of the pie fight but I won't split hairs..I'd rather split skulls.

Well that will do it for the week of sequel & I'll be back w/ another instalment of beer drinking & cinema watching.

Stay home & get your buzz on.
It's safer & the sugar boobies are cheaper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment