Sunday, May 27, 2012

6 Pack Cinema vol III..chapter 2


Ahh..that's beautiful stuff.
Love the sauce of the Gods

Going to get to the first award of the show in a moment but let's serve up the first nomination for the coveted Blue Ribbon for Best Picture to get things rolling.

From 1987 Nello Rossati's Django Strikes Again


It had been 21 years since Franco Nero appeared on screen as Django & after countless unofficial sequels he steps back into the role of the character that spawned a genre. Django has long since put the violence behind him & has joined a monastery. After he is informed that his daughter has been kidnapped by the diabolical 'El Diablo' Orlowsky to be sold to a brothel Django must once again adorn the machine gun that has made him a legend

Time for the first award..The Life of Influence Under the Influence – The 40


This week's recipient is none other then the Bearded Warrior himself - Chuck Norris


Like many kids (although no very PC now) I used to have toy guns & my friends & I used to play Missing In Action in the woods in my neighbourhood. Sure Rambo may have a bigger icon for the genre but I saw MIA first so James Braddock was my hero to save the POWs. Even when I lost my gun & had to battle the enemy I refused to die kung fuing the shit out of them to save my prisoners. I should have wore a fake beard just to complete the role.

Later in life in grade 7 & 8 I had a teacher that drew an uncanny resemblance to Norris. I used to have a paperback of Invasion USA that he looked just fucking like him on the cover.


One time when I was in French class we spotted him on the roof of the school getting down dodge balls & we all cheered for him because there was no doubt that he used his mad skills to get up there. To us he was the incarnation of the Bearded Warrior..only in a suede suit.


This week I watched Braddock:Missing In Action III (which I had never seen) & truthfully the movie won't win Norris any awards but that's besides the point. Not all his movies are good. Actually he sorta has hit a shit skid after Delta Force but he has many that I absolutely love like Code of Silence, Lone Wolf McQuade, Forced Vengeance & of course the first 2 MIAs..& he is one of the baddest mother-fuckers on the planet.

Well this first cold one is done like a dead Vietcong solider.
..Be back after this super powered beer



No comments:

Post a Comment